According to the EPA, indoor air pollution levels can be 2 to 5 times worse than outdoor air pollution. Indoor pollutants – including dust mites and pet dander – are top asthma and allergy triggers.
Dust mites don't fly – so air cleaners don’t get rid of them! In fact, dust mites and dander are among the most difficult allergens to remove. With that in mind, Panasonic invites you to try these easy, healthy and eco-friendly tips for spring cleaning so you can keep your home fresh now and throughout the year:
- Vacuum smarter with a whole-house cleaning system such as Panasonic’s new MC-UL915 Jetspin Cyclone. Always vacuum a room from top to bottom, starting with curtains, tops of dressers and windowsills – all easy to reach with the Jetspin Cyclone’s 12-foot stretch hose and range of on-board tools. Use the Air Turbine Brush attachment to remove pet hair from upholstery, and then do the floors last. Best of all, when you’re done simply pop out the easy-clean dust cup to empty and wash for less mess and a fresher smell. SRP $249.
- Wash bedding weekly in HOT water – 140 degrees is enough to kill dust mites. It is not necessary to have an expensive washer with a steam cycle. If you prefer to limit your hot water heater to 120 degrees or less to prevent scalding, consider a washing machine with a “sanitary cycle” that superheats water internally, or choose special anti-allergen detergents.
- Limit clutter! This is one of the simplest and cheapest ways to reduce allergens in your home, plus it makes cleaning faster. Use covered plastic organizers for toys and books and simply damp-wipe the lids weekly.
Panasonic Jetspin Cyclone Vacuum Product Features:
- Dirt sensor eliminates guesswork – display turns from red to green when floor is clean
- Unlike competitor models, the dirt cup can be disassembled and washed, eliminating pet odors
- Four onboard tools including Air Turbine Brush to remove pet hair from upholstery
- 12-foot wand and hose for curtains and other hard-to-reach areas
- HEPA filtration to remove allergens, pollutants and irritants
- Belt Saver stops the motor when a cord/shoelace/carpet fringe becomes wrapped around the agitator
- Available at an SRP of $249
- Press release
Personal Note from Laura:
Panasonic sent this vacuum for me to test. I really found it to stand up to all the claims it made on the packaging. The price point is reasonable for a high quality vacuum. I would recommend this vacuum to pet owners that don't like their vacuum smelling like pets every time they turn it on. An added bonus is the extension wand feature. This is also a must for anyone with drapes and curtains.