All you need to prepare your home for guests, even last minute, is the Five Signs of Clean and Swiffer. Even you can achieve a thorough clean as you prepare to be a host!
The Five Signs of Clean are the five areas I look to check off my list, so I know that my house is clean, ready for guests and enjoyable for my family.
- You know, how does it smell? How does it look? How shiny are my floors? Are my surfaces "touchably" clean? Am I actually removing the dirt from my house, or just spreading it around? Swiffer can help you achieve all 5 Signs of Clean!
- Now that you know the plan of attack, letís apply this thinking to the most important area in your home that your guests will be spending the most time in: the living room.
- Touch your mantles, bookshelves, ceiling fans and check for dust! These areas tend to harbor dust and dirt, use Swiffer Dusters - they have thousands of fiber fingers that change shape and fit anywhere to trap dirt and dust, removing many common household allergens. I like Swiffer Dusters better than traditional feather dusters because they really do trap the dust, where feather dusters just spreads it back around!
- Pick magazines, pillows, toys and everything else up off the floor. Straighten and fluff the pillows on the sofa, give your lifeless flowers and little boost by trimming their ends and changing the water.
- Grab a cloth and use some elbow grease to get your surfaces gleaming. Donít forget to get into the corners.
- Toss the dirt by taking your shoes off!! 85% of household dirt, dust and allergens come from the bottom of shoes. Take your shoes off at the door and make your kids, husband and guests do the same to cut down on the dirt that enters your home!